And so another project has begun . . .
If you follow my blog you may have seen that I had won a competition on Dan Dunbar's blog to have a 24 man unit painted by him for free!!! And also my 1st order would have a 10% discount, Great!!!
so I decided to purchase and clean up a small army of Prussian Landwehr sending them off to Oz . . .
And last week I received a package in the post from Dan, it contained roughly 120something Landwehr figures that Dan had painted for me. All were very nicely done in the colours I wanted and so I set about preparing them to be turned into their battalions and to finish them in my own style. Above the troops already based in their painting groups.
I've started with the 2nd battalion and will be adding in a number of command and enthusiastic figures to make up the numbers.
Today I finished off 11 figures, I blocked areas I felt needed care and used Dan's painting as my base coats adding different coloured hair and various light shades for linen etc. The battalions will be a mix of AB reserve and landwehr figures to give better variation to the battalions and to show the transformation the uniform of the 4th Silesian landwehr went through up till 1815.
I painted on the White landwehr cross to help make the reserve figures above look less reserve.
So far I'm really happy how they are coming together and a huge thanks to Dan for painting them for me!!!
The only thing is I keep on getting an urge to paint Saxon garde du corp and zastrow kuirassiers!!! It's doing my head in as I want to tick off the 4 battalions of landwehr within the next month or 2 . . .