Tuesday 3 November 2015

Russian LG Cossacks WIP4

Well I'm glad to say all the Russian Guard Cossacks are now painted as well as 3 casualty figures that will be keeping them company! I've made a wee video for the YouTube painting Challenge:


as well as a few pictures below:

The yellow comes out a wee bit strong in the pictures and the shading are kinda burnt out however you should be able to get an idea of the finished regiment.

I enjoyed painting the trumpeters, I added a thin piece of cord made from green stuff around the body to finish them off. I made the mistake of giving them silver trumpets before I found out that they were awarded after Leipzig, Doh!

Also the casualties were fun to do and I feel they add a little to the finished regiment.

Poor we French men must have been caught out in the open before they had the chance to form square?

I've thoroughly enjoyed painting up Sho's Leib Garde Cossacks and they are definitely nice enough figures when painted to sit alongside my OG and AB Russians.

I have already added the sand and sealed it with PVA so the next time you will see these little chaps I'll have the bases all finished. Thanks for taking the time to check out my progress and I hope you have enjoyed my little adventure with Sho Boki's Russian LG Cossacks!

Happy Wargaming!

20 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Certainly did enjoy your adventure in the painting of your Cossacks!

fireymonkeyboy said...

The casualties are a terrific flavour touch. Nice work!

GM Fritz said...

Awesome effort. Funny about the trumpets. You could always go back and re-paint it. Ahhh... I think it's fine though; gives even more character to them - as well as a funny story! Nice.

Keep the updates coming. Eager to see what you have planned next.

Kurtus

The Angry Lurker said...

They are simply stunning work Paul!

Furphy said...

The French being run down is a really good touch I also like the blue tones on the French .
Cheers Gav .

Rulane10@gmail.com said...

Superb...can't wait to see them based!

Gonsalvo said...

They look great. The red blue amnd yellow paint on the fingernail is a nice touch, too! :-)

Carlo said...

Magnificent work as always Paul. Love the French being caught away from the main body. Lovely diorama style touch!!

Rodger said...

Stunning results on these boys Paul!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Peter, yes I should have scrubbed up before the pics lol the excitement!

Paulalba said...

Cheers Ru!

Paulalba said...

Cheers Gav, yeah French have a nice uniform when you get into them.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Fran, very much appreciated buddy. Very colourful uniforms for the table. Makes a change from the dark blues and greens!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Jonathan, glad you enjoyed the adventure, I'm glad they are finished!

Paulalba said...

Thanks FMB, they make for a little eye candy.

Paulalba said...

Ain't it always the way! I'll never reprint them!!! Lol

Doc Smith said...

Are those the 1/72 Zvezda Guard Cossacks? Amazing painting job Paul - love the skewered Frenchmen decorating the bases.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Doc, they are the 15mm/18mm Sho Boki metal figures. Very nice addition to my Russian army.

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Rodger!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Carlo, I'm very pleased with the wee guys getting run down. I have a few assaults figures lying around so it's good to get them used!