Wednesday 28 September 2016

Prussian Powder Wagon

Following on from my Prussian horse artillery caisson I've managed to get another of my Prussian vehicles finished. This time a powder wagon.

As usual I've made a wee video of the finished vehicle on YouTube if anyone is interested.

I spotted on the Perry Miniatures website a lovely painted model of a Prussian powder wagon so I decided to try and capture a little bit of its flavour.

The vehicle itself is again a really lovely model produced by bluemoon. I added the T bar at the front from a warbases vehicle and it fits very well. The drivers again are from AB and as usual are excellent.

Obviously being Prussian the text on the wagon is in German so if you spot an error please let me know!

I added a little step onto the vehicle by drilling and threading a little bit of plasticard. I am not 100% sure on this however the position of the little overhang shouts out for a step to me.

This time I went for the regular train driver uniform although it's a tricky 1 to nail down exactly.  From what I've read, been told and seen it was a straight forward dark blue coat with mid to light blue collar with white metal buttons.

They appear to have worn the regular reinforced overall and I went for a red lining like the artillery drivers. Again they appear to have carried a cavalry style sabre on black beltwork.

I am still very much enjoying bring the little bluemoon vehicles to life, however I may take a break to get some more troops finished off.

Mai and I have a little getaway planned so I'll probably not get much progress done for a bit.

Happy Wargaming!!!   

27 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Great looking powder wagon, Paul. Splendid work!

Ben Gilmour said...

A thing of beauty, as always!

Rodger said...

That is very very cool Paul. I love it!

Craig said...

Great work Paul😃

Furphy said...

Great attention to detail Paul 😍.
Regards Gav .

Gonsalvo said...

Marvelous piece, Paul!

The Angry Lurker said...

Cracking work Paul!

Carlo said...

Wonderful work Paul and the individual elements you are crafting into your army are stunning. This powder wagon has inspired me to get my backside into gear on my own Calpe Prussians, of which I also have a Westfalia(??) powder wagon as well.
Looking forward to your next post.

Paulalba said...

Hi Carlos, thank you very much for you kind encouraging comments. Good to hear you will be pushing on with your prussians. Is it maybe a Perry powder wagon? The calpe prussians are lovely

Paulalba said...

Thanks Fran, good to see you back online after the Internet bother in yer motherland!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Peter!

Paulalba said...

Many thanks Gavster, maybe the wattling shouldn't be painted? I don't mind though 😆. In England now!!!

Paulalba said...

Many thanks Craig!

Paulalba said...

Thank you very much Rodger, very kind. I'm glad you like it!

Paulalba said...

Thank you very much Mr rosbif!

Paulalba said...

Many thanks Jonathan, completely useless on the table but a wee bit of eye candy.

David Cooke said...

Very nice Model Paul!

Stryker said...

A very nice addition to your Prussian forces - beautiful painting and basing as always!

Phil said...

Wonderful wagon, excellent job!

Peter said...

Beautiful model! Because you asked about some correction. The correct writing in german would be "Pulverwagen". Other than in english in german there are no two words. But it would also be possible because in this times there was no dicitionary mandatory in the german States. :)

Paulalba said...

Thanks Peter that's the kinda tips I need.

Paulalba said...

Many thanks Phil

Paulalba said...

Many thanks David!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Ian, it was a fun little project.

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Ian, it was a fun little project.

Paulalba said...

Many thanks David!

Jacko said...

Excellent work