Wednesday 30 November 2016

Borodino : Falkirk Wargames Club

In November the lads from the Falkirk Wargames Club put on a 3 day re-fight of the Battle of Borodino. I couldn't get the time off work for the whole weekend however I did manage to get over to Al's to see the set up.

I've put together a wee video and a few pics below. 15mm figures using General de Brigade rules.


The figures are from various collections including some of my own.

This was a spectacular looking table with the company of like minded Napoleonic enthusiasts, I am gutted that I couldn't get the weekend off to take part. Such is life!

The Russians setting out a defensive line.

 
Somewhere around 7000 15mm figures were used throughout the weekend and as expected casualties were high, very high!

The great redoubt built by Peter, I now have the inspiration to build my own some time soon. John S. the gabion defences you sold me will come in very handy!

The French camp with Napoleon in the centre with his historically accurate purple jumper.

Some Germanic cavalry, very pretty.

Very sweet little pontoon bridges.

The Russian HQ looks a little concerned at the scale of the French threat.

Kutuzov scouting out the enemy positions.

That's my post for today, short and sweet. The battle was fought to a bloody draw just like the original.

 I have a few other wee bits and pieces on the go so I hope to get a couple of posts up next month.

Happy Wargaming!

29 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

Wow! That is an impressive sight to behold!

Sergey Ageev said...

Great game!

Phil said...

A massive and beautiful looking game...short and sweet, you've said it! Looks great!

Vasiliy Levashov said...

Very nice, Paul!

The Angry Lurker said...

Cracking pictures, great stuff Paul!

Rulane10@gmail.com said...

We love it's & pieces!

MurdocK said...

Thank you for sharing the eye-candy.

Stryker said...

A great looking game and one I have half a mind to have a go at myself one day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul
What a large masses of beautiful troops on table!
You definitely need bigger table for all this troops.
But I don't see my Russian Generals there.. ;-)

Sho

Кирилл said...

Brilliant game!

Rodger said...

Beautiful game!

Unknown said...

Love it…the bigger the better. F

Paulalba said...

Yeah feel very privileged to see these big games Jonathan.

Paulalba said...

Looked the business.

Paulalba said...

I posted a load more of pics up in Facebook at my page and on the napoleonic wargamer group. Have more pics from 5he other 2 days to sort through from the guys. To many to post on blogger.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Vasiliy!

Paulalba said...

Really inspiring stuff Fran, makes me want to paint. Hope your doing well buddy!!!

Paulalba said...

Something to aspire to Ru 😆

Paulalba said...

My pleasure Mugdock, gutted I couldn't get the time off.

Paulalba said...

Absolutely Ian, great idea!

Paulalba said...

They are in there somewhere Sho. I have a load of pics from the guys so I'll see if there are any closeups.

Paulalba said...

Looked superb!

Paulalba said...

Really inspiring Rodger, the falkirk lads put on a great game.

Paulalba said...

Absolutely Francis, couldn't agree more. Not sure how they would fit in the artillery limbers, Ammo wagon etc?

Ray Rousell said...

WoW! Looks mental! Great stuff Paul.

Paulalba said...

Cheers Ray, yeah total inspiration to see the troops all laid out. Magic!

Carlo said...

Wonderful collection of figures Paul and I do always enjoy your vides and choice of music! The lads obviously decided to get the heavy metal out that's for sure. Wonderful, wonderful looking terrain and those Redoubts were inspirational.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Carlo, the guys put on a very impressive game. No matter what scale this amount of figures looks outstanding!!! Thanks for the kind words Carlo!

David Cooke said...

Amazing looking game. Great vid BTW.