Thursday 4 May 2017

Prussian Reserve Battalion

Well I'm happy to say I managed to get another battalion finished off for my Prussian army. This time a reserve battalion.

This is the 3rd battalion for my 6th Prussian reserve regiment. All the figures are Old Glory (old OG) and were great fun to paint. I have had this battalion sitting about for years so it's a wee bit more of a buzz to see them ticked off. 

I have mixed in the regular Old Glory Prussian infantry as a few NCO's, officers and musicians giving the battalion a good variety of poses. This battalion finishes off the 3 battalions of my 6th regiment. 2 West Prussian and 1 Silesian battalion.

And now back to the Saxons!!!

Until next time Happy Wargaming!!!

16 comments:

Colbourne said...

Looking good mate! I'll be getting back to the Naps soon

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

They look wonderful, and the top photograph with the first two battalions in the background is very effective. ALways good to see lots o troops in formation.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Chasseur said...

Fantastic work Paul! Very dynamic blend of figures too!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much, I have a fondness for old glory prussians as they started me off into naps again after many years break.

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Stokes, yes I feel the same. It's great to see battalion after battalion.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Colbourne, I'll look forward to them!

Rulane10@gmail.com said...

Glorious. Wonderful animation.

Paulalba said...

Cheers Ru, that's OG for you. Lovely figures to paint!

Jonathan Freitag said...

As always, Paul, gorgeous brushwork!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Jonathan, have a few battalion of OG to paint up. Lots of fun, lots of character.

Robert said...

Great stuff, Paul- as usual!

Eagerly awaiting your Saxons, hint hint...

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Brilliant mate!

Sir Able Brush said...

I am constantly agog at your painting. You seem so relaxed about it and the results are wonderful.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Robert, sorry 8 kissed your comment!

Paulalba said...

Thank you very much GaEF!!!

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Sir able brush. I don't know? It's pa8nting the toys.