Tuesday 6 January 2015

Hussar Command WIP

Hello and a Happy New Year to everyone for 2015. May we all have a peaceful time plus get a lot of figures painted and wargaming in!!!

Unsurprisingly I've made a wee plan of what I would like to achieve hobby wise this year and listed it all down, last year was very slow painting wise so I'm hoping to up my output a good bit without scunnering myself.

Anyway as it's my 1st post of the New Year I thought I'd try something a wee bit different for the blog today, a YouTube video if I can figure out how to upload it:



As this is my 1st effort if you guys know how to either improve the quality from my iPad Air recording or capture the screen pic for my posts or generally have any other bits of advice feel free to drop me a line. Oh and by the way the hussar command wasn't on my goals for this year so I've jumped even before my list has started!!!

That's me for the moment, the iPad updates appear to be going well however I center and label my posts in the blogger app as I can't find that function in the iPad app?

Happy wargaming!
Best
Paul

P.S. I'm getting the parcels read for the new year give away to send out. Still trying to track down 2 winners so I'll post a call out soon!




22 comments:

PanzerKaput said...

Nice start of the command and they are looking rather special

John (VonBlucher) said...

Paul,
The YouTube came out very well and the Officer looks great. If I were you I would include the paint colors and brands you used.

This way if someone (especially newer or guys just getting back into painting) likes the way your horse or horses came out the would know the colors used.
Just my opinion though.

Duke Winser said...

I liked the video. It is always nice to see your beautiful figures. You set the bar very high for all of us.

GaryA said...

The video was a success. Good idea, even better figures!

Craig said...

Paul, brilliant idea - nicely executed! The figure looks beautiful as always, and your explanation is very helpful. I reckon you could make it a recurring feature!

Paulalba said...

Hi Craig, glad you enjoyed it. Few areas to sort out, focus, lights and as john says maybe explain what colours in using. A good bit of fun.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Gary, ipad is pretty handy. When we going to see some prussians from you?

Paulalba said...

Hi Duke, glad you enjoyed the video. I'll have to work on the quality. Thanks for your very kind comments!!!

Paulalba said...

Hi John, thanks I'm glad you like the video. Yeah great idea on the paints, if I do another one I'll mention what type I'm using.

Paulalba said...

Hi PK, thanks very much, I'm glad you like the vid. Hopefully I'll find time to finish the base this week!

Gonsalvo said...

The video came out really nice and sharp, Paul. It was good to hear your voice. More than a bit hard to understand, but that may be due to needing to mentally translate Scots English into Ameriglish! :-)

Sun of York said...

Video worked well. Great seeing the source book and also your description of the layers. My guys are lucky to get more than one layer, although it does happen.

I've been meaning to try a video and so I better put it down for an objective for this year.

Phil said...

Nice videao...and beautiful job!

DidgeH said...

Video worked well. So when will be the first full Painting Tutorial be?
We'd all be keen to see a master at work.
David

Matt said...

Great idea...the figures come out very well.

Paulalba said...

Hi David, that's very kind of you but I'm no master. I will maybe do a wee overview of a finished item next but just a brief idea of what I did not a full tutorial but again thanks!

Paulalba said...

Thanks phil, glad you like it. Not in the same league as your animation but good fun none the less.

Paulalba said...

Thanks SoY, yeah definitely give the video a go. I don't know how to edit the videos yet but this basic one was fun.

Paulalba said...

Hi peter thanks, yes I had considered a warning label for anyone outside of Scotland ;0)

DidgeH said...

Paul, you're too modest. Maybe I embarrassed you, but having read ALL your posts since day 1 and all the comments made by your fanbase. I can say confidently that you are damn good at what you do. Your eye for detail and colour palette is impressive. Others(Inc me) could learn a lot from you. ATB David

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Paul. How about a quick video tour of the whole collection?
cheers
John B

Paulalba said...

David, thanks very much really kind of you! We all pick stuff up from each other. I'm at the moment going over a few people's napoleon and other AB command bases for inspiration.