Sunday 25 January 2015

Napoleon Completed

Good news, I finally finished the inner circle of Napoleon's command! Well I've had this lot sitting around for far to many year so to finally see them painted up gives me a great lift and also a great feeling of relief!!!


I hope you don't mind that I'm showing them yet again as I know I've posted a couple of WIP posts already. I also uploaded another video so I hope you enjoy it.

Again I've included a few pics just incase the video quality is not so great however my photography isn't so great either funnily enough with most of the pics being over saturated with light! Ah well you can't have everything and I'll work on that for my next post! So here he is the scourge of Europe ready to lead my none existent French army! I seriously need to paint up some French battalions now or he will be forever leading the David's battalions

A close ups of the blue on my Bertheir, definitely a big positive for me in doing this group has been finally finding a blue (2 actually) that I now can use on my future French army. As I said before I had a good deal of clean up on some of the figures however they were a real joy to paint. Another huge plus, the horses are absolutely lovely and I've manage with the inner and outer circle to keep every horse pose different.

My mounted guard chasseur a cheval, again a pretty burnt out picture so almost impossible to see the shading.

Napoleon scanning the horizon as his side kicks look on. Where will he take them next???

This is the other blue I used, on Duroc this time. Not quite as rich as the intense blue however still very, very nice with really good coverage. The very cool BH Russian gun, these are lovely artillery pieces and I think just as nice as the AB guns.

So that's the big cheese, número uno finished, thanks for viewing and hopefully get something else finished for the end of January?

Vive l'Empereur!!!!

54 comments:

Millsy said...

Mind?!? I could look at that for days on end without getting bored. It's amazing...

"Chuck" said...

Excellent work there, Paul!

Sun of York said...

Stunning!

Vasiliy Levashov said...

Amasing, Paul!

Chasseur said...

Absolutely stunning!

Jonathan Freitag said...

Great work and an interesting vignette.

Jacksarge Painting said...

A thing of beauty. Lovely colours, wonderfully executed. I hope you get to use him in a game some time.

daveb said...

Fantastic stuff. I like the size of the base for the high command as well.

Stryker said...

Simply brilliant Paul!

Rodger said...

Superb work there Paul!

DimaPrapor said...

Great piece of art!

Mouse said...

A beautifully executed piece! Very inspiring!

Phil said...

One of the most detailed vignette I have ever seen...excellent job Paul!

carojon said...

Very nice Paul, well done

Ken said...

Perfectly finished and based just as I had expected. I look forward to your French army taking shape.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Michael very much appreciated!

Paulalba said...

Thanks chuck I'm really happy with it, just a couple of wee areas I'll maybe work on when the whole base is done but nothing major

Paulalba said...

Thanks SoU, glad you like it!

John (VonBlucher) said...

Very well done, I think your dipping days are over and I'm happy you moved back to your old style of painting.

Now that the French bug has bit you, what's next?

Dai said...

Stupendous effort.

Love the attention to detail you've given.

Ian said...

Excellent brushwork and the basing is superb, I prefer this version to the sitting foot on a drum one

Ian

Paulalba said...

Thanks Vasiliy very kind of you!!!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Chasseur,
I wish I could paint armies as fast and as quality as yours!!!

Paulalba said...

Thank you Jonathan!!!

Paulalba said...

Thanks jacksarge, yeah it's funny ive been so busy concentrating on painting lately I've not really though about gaming. I'll definitely get him on the table in a month or 2.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Dave B, Yeah I'll slowly plod away with the rest and do a revisit when it's done.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Absolutely stunning piece of work Paul on the man who started it all and thanks for the commentary!

Christopher

DidgeH said...

Magnifique.
I have to leave it at that, otherwise I'll start gushing praise upon you and it'll only get embarrassing. If I had more talent I would've written my admiration in the prose of Burns.
I had my belated Burns night tonight.(I forgot to take Haggis out of freezer yesterday)Doh!
ATB
David

Paulalba said...

Thanks Ian, I have to say it's a great feeling having napoleon done. I did the 15mm minifig version when I was a kid on a wee base with Roustam but never used him, I also did the 28mm perty one for my brother but I'm hoping this one will get a good bit of table use!

Paulalba said...

Thanks a lot Rodger,
Very much appreciated!

Paulalba said...

Thank you Dimitri,
I would guess you guys are knee deep in snow now?

Paulalba said...

Thanks very much Mouse, I'm glad you like them!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Phil, that is very high praise, much appreciated.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Jonathan!

Paulalba said...

David your to kind!
Well I ended up having haggis 2 nights in a row. I'm not complaining I could have it every night!

Paulalba said...

Thanks christopher, I know there are a lot of people making their living off this little guys adventures.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Ken, I think it will still be some time till I jump over to french entirely as young David is still painting french. More allies are needed!

Paulalba said...

Hi john, yes your right no more dip for me. It's very strange as when I started off again after my 20 year break I tried everything to paint the troops faster however I've ended up back painting how I used to paint D&D figures when I was 17!?

Paulalba said...

Thanks Dai!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Ian, yeah me to. I get the feeling he's planning to get around the battlefield and take charge rather than sitting about.

MurdocK said...

Awe Inspiring images, and at such a small scale!

Truly great work.

Paulalba said...

Thanks for you kind comment Murdock!

DeanM said...

Amazingly beautiful to behold, Paul.

Paulalba said...

Thanks Dean, glad you like them!

Anonymous said...

Everything what you do will be piece of art now.
Is this possible to paint 15mm better than that?

Sho

Rulane10@gmail.com said...

Beautiful.

Giles said...

It's difficult to imagine these figures being painted any better - brilliant stuff, Paul.

Best wishes

Giles

Paulalba said...

Man that's a huge complement.
Thanks Giles!!!

Paulalba said...

Thanks Ru,
How's your own projects going?

Paulalba said...

Sho thanks,
Wow you have set me a very high point to reach! With Russians and prussians I'm not sure it's posible to make them look well as sexy as french, only some units like say your garde cossacks in red can stand a chance to look as nice as all the fancy french uniforms. My next items prussian lieb hussars and horse artillery are very dark in comparison.

Anyway thanks for doing the garde cossacks and ADC's etc. I'll get stuck into them as soon as they are ready to cast.

James Fisher said...

Beautifully done Paul,
James

Paulalba said...

Thanks James,
Glad you like them!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blues, much better than my current combo of Vallejo Stormy Blue and then a wash of Reaper Sapphire Blue Ink. What colors did you use?

Thx
Fuzzy Gopher

Anonymous said...

Sorry - You answered in the video, - Vallejo Intense Blue and Vallejo Dark blue. Fantastic work, great rich tones for the uniforms. Really nicely done.

F.G.