Monday 25 June 2018

Visit to Waterloo

I was incredibly lucky to have had the chance to travel to 1 of our Napoleonic bucket list battlefields this month. With 3 other Napoleonic daft chaps we made the pilgrimage to Waterloo for the 203 anniversary!


It was an awesome trip and will remain in my memory for the rest of my life!!!

A really cool and funny thing. We were doing a staged closing of the gate pic. We had just finished and had started walking away when I thought I heard a knock on the gate, we looked over the wall and standing before us was a good number of French Napoleonic re-enactors in full gear looking to gain entry to hougoumont, class!!!

To stay in period we should really have denied them entry, however we decided that both Europe and times had changed, so we showed them round to the museum entrance. 😁

7 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

I am envious - this one is on my bucket list for sure. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Matt said...

One day....

john de terre neuve said...

Terrific video Paul, really enjoyed it.

Paulalba said...

Thanks John, I enjoyed making this 1, the internet for uploading in Belgium out at Waterloo was like a rocket too.

It's a must visit Matt,

Yes it was a great time FMB, had to go when I had the chance.

Gonsalvo said...

Great video, and glad the trip lived up to expectations!

von Peter himself said...

A great video Paul.

The only complaint I have is that I needed to keep rewinding it to re see something of interest! 🙂

Salute
von Peter himself

MurdocK said...

BRAVO!