It's been a funny few weeks with a couple of lows but thankfully some very nice highs to.
Today was my 1st full shift back at work and my leg feels fine plus it's nice to be back! The past 2 weeks I have been fazing back with half days in a day center and have really enjoyed the experience. I have also been melting into the local pool doing between 2 and 4 miles a week, not a huge amount but perfect for getting my leg moving again.
Hobby wise I had been pretty excited about an up coming interest. However it fell through before even getting started so I was left feeling a bit deflated. No matter worse things happen in the world and it's only toy soldiers. Thankfully I've had 2 great games that have picked me back up. If you follow my blog regularly you will have seen our wee Plancenoit game last week, well yesterday I was fortunate enough to be asked to take part in a Leipzig game at my buddy Roberts. I'll Post a report soon . . .
The 2 games have given me enough inspiration to pick up the brushes again. I started this 2nd battalion of landwehr but I could tell a block was coming because I started jumping around nations and units.
Anyway they are now well on the way with a few more figures almost finished.
I also started on a zimmerman using the French sapper. I figured landwehr troops would use any kit they could get their hands on so a captured French pack and greatcoat would work well. Sorry about the grainy pics!
I changed some of the detail to make him look less French. This is the drinking container, side bag and Litewka in WIP, they are much larger and better defined now.
I also added a beard, The shape of this figure works well with a beard as the length of the body and head sitting on the collar can make the neck seem as if it is to long. I found this out when doing my Saxon sappers. A beard appears to bring everything together? I have another 5 or 6 of these to do at some point!
I mounted this trio up even though the trumpeter is only base coated basically because I was struggling to finish them. When I get stuff to this stage all I really need is a wee bit of inspiration and I'll get them finished off. I have a few other commands in a similar state lying around.
Again I started this regiment off a wee while back and started to struggle with them because I had done 3 regiments of cavalry on the trot (sorry!!!). I am now well over half roads with them and I am aiming to finish them by the end of November. We will see!!!
I also decided to get the rest of my Prussian artillery based up. This is the follow up set to the battery I did a few months ago. I will be following the same painting process I did with the 1st lot and then they will be mixed together to give more variety in the 2 batteries. Again I apologize if the crew positions are off, I searched on line and could not for the life of me find a reference for them.
Here is a horse battery I have been working on and it is very close to being finished now. I took 2 Russian 6 gun batteries to the same stage as these and they are just waiting for my next jump! So that is basically what I have been working on during the odd free hour or 2.
I want to say a big thank you to Dirk from Germany who contacted me regarding some 15mm troops he was selling off and good luck with his new 28mm Napoleonic adventure . . .