I thought it was about time these guys were brought out of their Chinese take-away boxes and restarted. I was really enjoying painting my Bavarians when I decided everything should be put away until the dust in the loft settled.
I finished the remaining base colours and stuck them onto some new bases last week. So with a day off today I got the white glue out and stuck on some sand, let it dry and then cleaned up around the feet etc then sealed the sand in with a very thin coat of PVA.
Next step will be to get the ground work painted, dry brushed and then tidy up the black undercoat on the areas I have rubbed off before I finish the detail work (buttons, highlights weapons etc).
Despite the many false starts with them they are starting to come together. I should have finished them long ago so if I get them finished by the end of October I'll be happy!