Saturday 24 December 2011

Competition Time (1)

I would like to wish everyone a very
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
   
Thanks to everyone who has visited my blog for a wee look or to leave a comment and to everyone I have exchanged emails with. It has been a fun year even if I didn't get very many figures painted and I will work towards changing that ASAP!!!
   
  Now to a little bit of Business, Curt over at Analogue Hobbies has started another competition. Even though I have no thoughts that I can paint enough figures to win it is great fun taking part and inspiration to get the brushes out. The comp started 20th December (my 1st efforts of 2 walls and a hallway in my house were not scored!!!).
 
And a second competition has also begun!!! Robert over at La Bricole has started a Naps comp (bog standard troops). Again I don't for a minute believe I have a chance of winning but it is great to be taking part alongside so many top painters and I'm excited to see all the troops coming together.
   
These are the troops I hope to paint for both competitions, roughly a Saxon brigade in total. As you can see I have all my gear looked out for them. I won't be sticking rigidly to any 1812 or 1813 order of battle (sorry to any purists reading). 
   
If I get half this lot finished I will be happy so wish me luck!!!

7 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Get the brush out!!!

Phyllion said...

Merry Christmas! Best of luck with your painting schedule.

Phil

Mr. Bigglesworth said...

You so under sell your skills - you are a fantastic painter. Merry Christmas to you and I look forward to your post next year when you humbly announce that you have won both competitions.

Phil said...

Merry christmas, and good luck for the future...

Jason Meyers said...

Merry Christmas! Looking forward to your Saxons.

Von Blucher said...

Paul,
Best of luck in the painting competion, and get going and paint some Saxons.

All the best, to you and yours.

John

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Merry Christmas, Paul and all the best for the new year