Tuesday 10 February 2015

Landwehr Cavalry Command

This is yet another little command base I started far to long ago, getting knocked to the side because the cavalry general ended up looking far to much like blucher! I cobbled the general together from a spare head and body from another conversion and added some areas with green stuff.

This is the brigade command for my Landwehr and East Prussian National Kavalry regiments from the Katzbach OOB so it tickets off a pretty small box.

The EPNK trumpeter was converted a good while ago and looking at him now his braid is far to thick still he has a passing resemblance to the uniform and there are no other figures available that I know if so he'll do fine. He was converted from an AB landwehr trumpeter with an AB Russian hussar head added and braid done with pro-create.

I'm glad to get this one finished as it was sitting looking at me from the WIP box for far to long.

Ok off to work
Happy WarGaming!

6 comments:

Phil C said...

Brilliant detail brush work on your command figures Paul... Awesome!

cheers,

Stryker said...

Wonderful looking command group - do you mean to say that you actually added all that braiding yourself? Incredible!

Gonsalvo said...

Fantastic, Paul. I wouldn't worry about the braid thickness a bit. In 1813, they were lucky if they had a uniform in the right color!!!

Giles said...

Paul - those are incredible; I don't know how you've managed to get so much detail onto these figures. The trumpeter is amazing!

Best wishes

Giles

Paulalba said...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your encouragement! I have no idea how you found this thread as it was an old draft and I just dropped the newly taken pics in. Have no idea how to bring it to the top of the pile?

Craig said...

Absolutely staggering Paul! The trumpeter is a masterpiece. But if I were allowed a more modest ambition, I'd like your not-quite-Blucher figure and an ADC!