Still slow progress due to lack of time from work but I am almost there with my 1st battlion of Pavlov grenadiers and hopefully should have them finished in a day or 2?
Finished painting and varnishing the figures last night, based them up and sanded them this morning. I'll get the graveyard earth on the bases once the 2nd coat of PVA drys.
Wasn't sure about how to do all the mustaches as all the pics I have seen show the Pavlovs with grey. I think the best way to do them is to paint each pose with different coloured hair and mustache as they will be seperated on the bases giving a unique layout. The Officer here has a head swap as I fancied at least 1 officer with mitre.
I have no idea of the pompom colours for the drummers if they were red or white so I just left them white (if you know better let me know!).
I mentioned before that I had noticed the left over tassles on the cross belt of some of the figures. This is the 1st figure I did and you can see the tassles next to the buckle left over from the regular grenadier figure of the same pose. I also noticed when I was ready to paint that there was 1 more figure pose that had the tassles remaining too (more slashing!).
Another kick started command stand. I converted this officer ages ago and asked for a wee bit of advice with him. He has had a green stuff cuirass and has had it stripped off and now is a regular commander again.
He is going to be jumping over the French gun with a stranded casualty in his way.