Tuesday 22 September 2009

Dutch Minifigs

Well I must admit that I never thought these figures would ever see the light of day again so I am really glad to get them underway. I only have a couple of battalions (one just needs varnishing), artillery and cavalry to complete them.

You will have guessed the Waterloo battles were what we were building our armies towards. To be honest my brother isn't keen on the lesser allies so it was down to me to get them painted. For the command bases I converted some French and Dutch troops. I also took some inspiration from a really nice 28mm battle: http://generaldebrigade.13.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3416

I have always liked the Nassau uniform and took a lot of enjoyment out of painting these wee guys. The only thing I didn't like was the light troops in advancing positions while the rest are in march attack it just doesn't look right to me? If I had spare march attack I would have converted them into the lights, unfortunately I didn't.





As with the rest of our Minifigs units I had to do a far bit of searching to make up the numbers. I filled the ranks out with officers and drummers with a couple of head swaps and even a newer range Minifigs drummer added in. The grenadiers are my personal favourite.
A big thanks to David C for somehow finding spares of this unit and again to Chris for the flag it really finishes the unit off.

No comments: